- LEED® Accredited Professional, Green Building Certification Institute
- Certified Green Professional, National Association of Home Builders
- Associate of the American Institute of Architects
- Master of Architecture, with distinction, Lawrence Technological University
- Bachelor of Science in Architecture, summa cum laude, Lawrence Technological University
- Licensed Realtor
- 40 Under 40, Professional Builder magazine, 2012
- Builder’s Choice Award, Single Family Home of the Year, 2008
- Best In American Living Award (Merit), Single Family Home of the Year, 2008
- Builder’s Choice Award, Best Vacation/Second Home Community, 2007
- Best In American Living Award (Platinum), Community of the Year, 2007
- Best In American Living Award (Platinum), Single Family Home of the Year (1,800 to 2,400 square feet), 2007
- The Franklin Residence: This 22,000-square-foot French country home features a half basketball court on the lower level, as well as an underground tunnel to a detached pool cabana/guest house.
- The Birmingham Residence: Stephen McKay designed this 3,600-square-foot English Tudor home — nestled on a quaint Birmingham street — to feel as though it had been a part of the neighborhood for a century.
- 2008 Habitat For Humanity Prototype Home: A 1,768-square-foot, two-story residence for a family of nine, this project with a construction budget of $100,000 was built to LEED Platinum standards under Stephen McKay’s direction.
- Oldfield, Okatie, S.C.: Neo-traditional homes from 1,700 to 3,500 square feet grace this award-winning, resort-style neighborhood in the heart of South Carolina’s Low Country.
- Overlook at Battery Creek, Beaufort, S.C.: Stephen McKay designed more than 40 homes of 1,700 to 2,800 square feet for this eclectic collection of Southern and beach style residences along the Atlantic Coast.
- Westminster Woods East, Cambridge, Ontario: Stephen McKay designed an eclectic craftsman style streetscape in this 1,500-acre master planned development that includes single family, multifamily and live/work units.
- French manor estate, Va.: Stephen McKay built a 12,000-square-foot residence in a Jack Nicklaus community, one of the top 10 in the nation.
- Contemporary farmhouse, Va.: At 6,000 square feet, this rustic residence has every modern amenity.