A REVOLUTION IN CUSTOM HOME BUILDING
The only company in southeast Michigan with an architect and builder together at the helm, Cranbrook has transformed custom home design and construction into a seamless, stress-free experience. At Cranbrook Custom Homes, true collaboration is ingrained in our culture. We are fully committed to the belief that design excellence and the best construction practices are inseparable. That’s why our unique approach to custom home building fuses architects, design experts, engineers, contractors and artisans for a seamless approach resulting in exceptional quality.
The only company in southeast Michigan with an architect and builder together at the helm, Cranbrook Custom Homes has transformed home design and construction into a seamless, stress-free experience.
- Architectural design comes standard. Most custom home builders require a substantial financial commitment before you’ll even see a design. Cranbrook is different. After listening to you talk about your wants and needs, Cranbrook’s lead designer Stephen McKay will sketch a custom home right before your eyes. All architectural plans and refinements are included in the fixed price of your Cranbrook home, and you’ll know (and love) exactly what your home will look like before you sign a contract.
- All-inclusive architect-builder coordination from day one saves tens of thousands of dollars on architectural fees. Traditionally, architects and builders work independently, with the client left to play middleman and absorb the cost of disconnects between design and construction. At Cranbrook, we work together from the start to make the most of your budget, whether it’s $400,000 or $4 million.
- Fixed price budgets are worry-free, with no financial surprises during your build. The total cost of your Cranbrook Custom Home will be determined within a timely fashion of our initial meeting. You’ll have the confidence in knowing that the price will not go up and you won’t incur any additional charges during construction.
- With our low-commitment, no-pressure process, Cranbrook is the best choice for your custom home. You’ll only pay a nominal deposit before you sign a contract with Cranbrook. Our low-cost exploration phase will result in architectural plans for your custom home, as well as our signature fixed price budget you can rely on. From there, our team of expert professionals — the best in the industry — will guide you through your home build in a fun, relaxed way.
- Architectural details on the pulse of international design trends make your home unique. Cranbrook’s lead designer Stephen McKay will bring your vision to life in your first meeting, giving you real-time, reliable pricing of options and making recommendations to take your dream home to the next level. McKay will adapt the design to meet your expectations as many times as you’d like before pricing is delivered.
- We are a small, friendly company with the personalized, detailed service of a large one. We offer the talent and experience of a long-established regional powerhouse alongside the intimacy and personal attention of a small agency. You’ll enjoy meeting with our expert architect, builder, interior designer and more, who will provide you with the confidence that every finish you select for your home works in harmony.
- Build a Cranbrook Custom Home on land you choose — without stress or worry. Our professional property experts take the complexity out of building on your lot and locating the perfect homesite. With our experienced team at your side, you’ll have the confidence in knowing your land is the right fit for your custom home from size to soil quality, and that it will fit your budget — before you ever sign a contract.
Stephen McKay’s ability to balance the latest in home innovation with unique refinements — think LEED-certified windows and reclaimed wood flooring – earned him a spot on Professional Builder magazine’s 40 Under 40 list in 2012, and he continues to rise as an industry innovator.
- Cranbrook continually raises the bar for custom home style. Stephen McKay will translate his breadth of architectural experience around the globe to create a trendsetting design for your home.
- Your Cranbrook home will fit your taste and personality. McKay’s design range spans all vernaculars, from French country estates to contemporary homes to Tuscan villas — and everything in between.
- It’s more than a home. It’s a legacy. You can spot a Cranbrook Custom Home by its timeless blend of harmony and luxury. Built with the architectural expertise to withstand the test of time, your Cranbrook home will be enjoyed for generations to come.
- The options really are endless. You’ll have truly unlimited choices when it comes to design. McKay and our interior design team will guide you through choosing the best and most balanced materials and finishes for your Cranbrook Custom Home. You’ll experience the widest selection of design trends from the most trusted vendors in the world.
Cranbrook blends a fully customized architectural design with legacy quality construction plans to provide one fixed price for your home — literally everything is included. The best part? We’ll give you this straightforward, real-time price within just two weeks of your initial meeting with lead designer Stephen McKay, before you ever sign a contract.
- You’ll know upfront how much it cost to create your family’s ultimate home living space. Unless you change your mind, we won’t change your custom home’s bottom line.
- There’s no commitment to get real answers. With only a small deposit and before signing a contract, you’ll have your home plans, understand all your options, and know exactly what it will cost to make it all happen.
- Cranbrook handles everything. You’ll never see an outside bill for any aspect of your Cranbrook Custom Home. Through our unique, integrated approach to home design and construction, we fully negotiate needs between site developer, architect, builder, interior designer, craftsmen and suppliers, saving our homebuyers considerable time and money.
- Eliminate the stress of a cost-plus build. In traditional builds based on cost-plus pricing, the homebuyer often sees extra costs of escalating material costs and increased labor requirements due to unknowns in the build process late in the game. Cranbrook never will. With our signature fixed pricing, our clients are not held financially responsible for cost increases, waste or errors, so you can sit back and enjoy watching your custom home come to life.
- With our architect and builder working side-by-side, Cranbrook makes the most of your financial resources. We’ll listen to what’s important to you and allocate your budget accordingly across all aspects of your custom home.
- Dream homes come in all shapes sizes. Cranbrook is skilled at building homes for a wide range of price points and styles from $400,000 to more than $4 million. We’ll work with you to bring your dream to life within your budget.
BUILT ON A
HALF CENTURY OF
EXPERIENCE AND STRENGTH
Third-generation builder Sebastian Lombardo grew up in the family construction business. At age 10, he worked side-by-side out in the field with his father, Cosimo, at Lombardo Homes’ properties; by 1991 he made chief operating officer of Lombardo Homes and is an integral part of the company’s success today.
- Our company is built on a over 50-year tradition of excellence. Lombardo Homes has been honored with Builder of the Year and Developer of the Year honors many times. We are well established in southeast Michigan and known for being the best in the business.
- Cranbrook focuses on perfection. Intimately involved in the construction of each home he designs, architect Stephen McKay has been known to take a protractor to stonework. Close and constant collaboration between Cranbrook’s lead designer and our builder means if it’s not exactly right, we’ll fix it — at no additional charge.
- Dream with confidence. Cranbrook Custom Homes are recognized throughout southeast Michigan for top quality workmanship, materials and style. As part of our commitment to being the best, we don’t cut corners. Your custom home will match your vision and last for generations to come.
- Cranbrook’s team approach sets the bar high. Cranbrook’s team provides personal, concierge level service from start to finish. To stay on point, we’ve acquired the best talent in the industry, from site inspection and design to building and customer service. We hold our expert team members to the highest standard. This is your dream home we’re building, after all.
- Our awards speak for themselves. Cranbrook earned the Reader’s Choice Award for best overall home in the 2015 Detroit Home Design Awards, among many more. Our parent company, Lombardo Homes, consistently earns Builder of the Year and Developer of the Year honors from industry benchmarkers, and prioritizes giving back to the community. Lombardo has donated land for parks and schools, as well as participated in ABC-TV’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.
At Cranbrook Custom Homes, we pride ourselves on five-star customer service. Every expert on our team is the best in their field, and we work together to provide a customer experience that’s second to none. Our goal is to make you feel confident in every decision you make about your new home, from location to lighting, so you can enjoy the process as much as we do.
- Professional advisors stand by you every step of the way. We’ve been building custom homes for a long time, so we’ve racked up decades of experience and insight. You’ll have the expertise of the entire Cranbrook team guiding your build to perfection.
- Your Cranbrook sales manager will be by your side from start to finish. Communication is the key to a perfect project, and our sales managers are experts at navigating our exclusive team structure. Knowledgeable and practiced, they bring years of experience in all aspects of home design and construction to their role as your advocate. Your sales manager will translate technical information for you and make sure the entire team clearly understands what’s important to you.
- Your architect and interior designer will help you make selections that work together. Cranbrook delivers personalized design assistance to guide your interior and exterior finish selections. We’ll make sure you choose the right combination of materials for a balanced, harmonic home that truly expresses your personality.
- Your dedicated construction manager will oversee every detail of your home. One team member will manage your home’s build from beginning to end. He or she will be there to oversee excavation and leveling, insulating, roofing and more. With one construction manager leading the creation of your home, Cranbrook can ensure it fully meets your expectations — and ours.
- Expert superintendents will inspect your home at seven intervals. At Cranbrook, we pride ourselves on quality. Every Cranbrook custom home undergoes an extremely thorough inline quality inspection at seven preset points during the build. This established, structured quality control process ensures your dream home is as good as it gets, inside and out.
All talents under one roof